Here's our house with new vinyl siding, painted eaves, new rain gutters, and a new and taller garage door.
I never thought we would ever get rid of that baby-poo orange paint we had on our house the last two-and-a-half years. This may still look like an old house to bystanders but it feels more like it should've looked all along. More importantly, our house fits in with the neighborhood finally and it will require less maintenance.
Now for the hard part. We installed all the basics. Now it's time to add some personality. I was considering taking off the storm door and installing a wood-looking door with dark stain and three square windows at the top of the door. We definitely plan on buying a house number plaque to go near the door. Scott and I are still debating on the shutters. If you have any suggestions, I'll take them. If we did install shutters, they would be for the two bedroom windows only.
I've heard some vote for black or brown shutters. I've heard others say white. I've also received reccommendations on no shutters. If you have any ideas on how we can add a small dose of personality to the house, let me know.
P.S. the before picture, in case you were lucky enough to have never seen it in it's previous condition.
7 comments:
Wow, looks like a different house. I love it!! I think shutters would look great on the two side windows. FUN STUFF!
Looks good, granted, I'm sure I don't fully appreciate it because I never saw it before. I think black shutters would look good. I am supposed to ask you about Kate and Costco and Downey... Good story?
What an amzing facelift! It must feel like a whole new house, I love it! I think changing the door and brown shutters on the smal windows would look great. Adding color in your landscape will add a lot too...but it may just depend on the seasons the ability to get much color...just a thought! Congrats!!! I would stay outside everyday...
Me likey! It looks so good.
And me personally, I'm not a shutter fan. And two words for your every decorating need (or want) Tai Pan
. So that's my two bits.
Julie, No Shutters! Add personality to your house with the plants! Looks good!
Go for the dark shutters! It would offset all the lightness. I love the look and need to drive by for a real see.
Looks fabulous! Way to go! You have inspired us to make more progress towards finishing our house...
Post a Comment