Monday, July 21, 2008

My Best Fwend (Friend)

Kate is in love with everything these days. She prays for her toys and exclaims what a nice day it is. In the picture above she is embracing her Bear, Puppy, and Lamby.
Kate is always talking about who her best "fwends" are. Often, Kate will take Scott or me by the hand and say, "You're my best fwend."

Getting Kate ready for bed and setting all her special "fwends" around her is a treat. Horton takes his place above her head on her right, Turtle to Horton's left and then Kate will hold puppy with "other puppy" and "wammy" to her sides. Then, her playmate of the day, usually a figurine like "pink sleeping beauty" and "blue sleeping beauty" as the case was with this night, will take the cherished spot in her hand(s). Of course they all shuffle around in sleep but I love that moment when all you can see is her sweet little face popping out from among her many stuffed friends.

Scott and I love the little conversations we have with Kate. We always end up laughing and wondering what we ever did for fun without her.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute. Sounds like she's a girl who knows what she likes.
I love the Where's Waldo momments too.
And it's so ture once you have kids you really do wonder what you have done with out them, or it's hard to remember life with out them.

Anonymous said...

That's the most adorable thing ever. I love it when we can start chatting with our kids. They really are so smart and so innocent and lovely! Such precious times...

Cherish said...

Thats great that she has Friends that she feels comfortable with. And how cute that she prays for them. :)

I still want to see pics of your house. Have they finished yet?

Jen said...

What a cutie!