Sunday, September 21, 2008

Everyone Has a Feminine Side

My niece, Samantha (15) takes the school bus home from high school everyday and the bus drops her off in front of my house. Last week, I also picked up my nephew, James (9), from elementary school while my sister was at an appointment. I felt like a grown up for once. I had older children in my home and I felt, for a minute, what it might be like if they were all mine.

After my heart stopped racing at the idea of being a mother of three, I turned around to find them playing dress up together.

Don't you think James looks especially good as Princess Aurora? I guess this is what happens when you have five girl cousins on one side of the family. Kate says James is a "ballerina girl."


And Kate as Alice in Wonderland. If I ask Kate who she is dressed up as, she says, "Dizzey-land Girl" (Disneyland Girl).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this!!! I feel much better about Dax and his feminine exploratio now! *winks*

Jen said...

James is such a good sport. If you were the mother of those three children the 15-year-old would probably have turned out better. Ha, Ha!