Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mid-Week Respite

Scott's work is a little slow right now so Scott forwarded his business calls to his cell phone and gave his employees the day off while we went for 4-wheeler rides at the cabin.

I don't have to tell anyone that fall is in full swing. We captured several pictures and here are a few from Windy Ridge, otherwise known as "the lookout."


Kate in her "cabin shirt". I had to call it that so that she'd put it on. She has an abhorence to long sleeves (I think she caught it from her Grandma Mayfield).

Loves for Daddy--lucky guy. He is always getting the "loves". That's okay, I know who Kate wants when she skins her knees or has a bad dream.
Too bad we didn't bring a photographer for this backdrop. We could've had our Christmas photos captured and out of the way. Anyone good at photoshop? :)

7 comments:

melissa said...

Cute, how great to have a peaceful place to escape to whenever you want.

heidi said...

Cute pics! Ahh I wish it was fall here!!! It is so beautiful there!

Anonymous said...

You guys all look so beautiful! What a nice little retreat!
By the way...dad's seems to get a lot of loves but really we are lucky enough to get so much more...we just get the hard parts too (which biases our view)and dad's don't get as many of those...so sometimes we/I forget how many loves I really do get in one day!!!
BTW, what is fall? It's still 105 degrees here...Kate would enjoy not wearing the long sleeves...

birdie said...

So beautiful! I'm so sad we're missing fall. The "cool" 102 breeze here is just not cutting it!

Jen said...

Love the pictures! You really should have brought a photographer. It is beautiful up there.

Paige said...

You really should have your pictures taken up there -it's beautiful! I am loving all the fall pictures lately. You guys are so cute - thanks for letting me visit your blog! :)

Kristi said...

Great pics! This is my fav time of year at the cabin.