I explained Trick-or-treating to Kate while we were on a walk in our neighborhood and she talked about it all week. But, when the day came, she said, "I don't want to go to the neighbors, mommy." I figured I would run with this one and save myself some pain. So Scott and I just took Kate to her Grandparents and to cousin Samantha's so she could see how the costume turned out--Sam played a big role in the overall costume design.
I'm sure this is a typical problem with 2 1/2 year-olds--Kate couldn't decide how she wanted to dress up for Halloween. For the months leading up to Halloween, Kate wanted to be a princess. I thought I would just use one of her dress-up princess costumes. Then as Halloween approached she started seeing all the spooky things and thought a witch and then a ghost would be fun. Luckily, the Tinkerbell movie saved the day. Grandma M bought Kate the fairies from the Tinkerbell movie and Kate's been on a fairy kick ever since. I didn't have time to make her costume look exactly like Tink but she seemed to be satisfied and told everyone she was Tink or a Fairy Princess.

Friday morning Kate and I had some of her cousins over to play. Zac said he'd never played in a pile of leaves before so we decided to remedy that situation.
This was an uncharcteristcally warm fall day, perfect for rolling around in leaves and trick-or-treating.
After a while, we raked all the leaves into a tall pile and they each took turns jumping into it. They really got into it, too. Whitney and Zac even begged to help rake. Silly kids. If you can disguise work as play, these kids will do anything. I got a kick out of watching the difference between my rough Kate tear apart and throw herself into the leaves and the ever-cautious Hailey who walked gently up to the pile and lightly plopped herself into it.
Friday morning Kate and I had some of her cousins over to play. Zac said he'd never played in a pile of leaves before so we decided to remedy that situation.
6 comments:
Kate looks adorable in her fairy costume.
Playing in the leaves is a must when you are a kid. Do you remember doing that in Bakersfield?
Those were big leaves!
That's a lot of leaves. I think Kate makes a perfect fairy.
Oh so cute! The fairy costume looks amazing! You need to email me the pics of the kids in the leaves. Love it.
Cute. Looks like a lot of fun.
Oh my gosh!!! Soooo adorable. What a fun time, those leaves look like so much fun...what great memories!
She looks so cute in her costume! And how great to have so many leaves to jump in (not so fun for raking up!)
Post a Comment