Monday, September 14, 2009

A Plant, A Helmet, & Two Fawns

We were given a plant to babysit while some basement renters from next door vacation and look for another place. They asked me to watch their corn leaf palm for a month or so. And this is so rude but I hope they don't come back to claim it because I adore having their plant here. Kate and I need to come up with a name for it, don't you think? Any suggestions? We finally bought Kate a helmet. I figured it was time to teach safety-actually long overdue. We go to the cabin so much and ride four-wheelers and NEVER use any kind of protective head gear. That's irresponsible enough and we've been putting Kate at risk and she's too little and innocent to know better. So, breathe easy mom, her head is now protected (Have I ever mentioned that my mom is a CPS worker?). I should probably get one made just for ATV's. And I plan on it. But this is as far as we've gotten. The ATV helmets are not cheap so I'll buy one next spring since heads grow and we probably won't do much more four-wheeling this year as fall and winter approach. Now it's time for Scott and I to get some helmets so we can be better examples.

Oh, and I love the tap shoes. My sister, Jeni, found them (or maybe it was Sami) at the DI (local thrift store) and Kate loves them.
Kate spotted two fawns across the street from our house. They were eating the neighbor's flowers. We see a lot of wildlife in our neighborhood and it makes it fun.

Today, I'm trying to decide whether to move Kate's playroom upstairs into the empty room that Kate began calling "the rocking chair room." We've had a little TV in there that only plays VHS and Kate uses it in the morning to watch a movie while I get ready. Later in the day we use the rocking chair to read stories. But the rocking chair is getting uncomfortable, mainly because Kate is getting too big and the rocking chair is busting from all the abuse. The last week we've sat in the living room to read stories. If I get brave and dismantle the playroom, I'll post some before and after shots. I should just do it. We'll see.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love the helmet and tap shoe pic. She is so cute. And way to be on the safety stuff.

Anonymous said...

I just can't help but smile when I see that little sweetness! I love the helmet, knee guards and tap shoes. Crack up!!!
Name the plant ~ vivian...just because I love that name and I will NEVER get to name a child that...hehehe