Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hello to Fall

We have been spending some time welcoming fall into our lives lately. We had some rain. We enjoyed the fall colors, and I think I'm almost ready to get the house decorated for Halloween. Cup of hot apple cider anyone? Scott took a day off work and we went in to Salt Lake for the Circus. Before the Circus started we walked around Temple Square with Kate. She had to touch every bit of water and for those who have been to the Square, there is a lot of water! I love this picture with the temple in the background. What a beautiful place to be and a wonderful spirit.
Kate with her Circus ticket. Every kid has to go to the circus at least once in their childhood. Scott doesn't remember ever going so it was fun for us to enjoy this together. I could tell Kate knew this was a special date to be at Temple Square and the circus. Now she wants to go to Disney Princess on Ice in November.

I think it was the next Sunday that we went up to the cabin to see the leaves. We just spent the evening, had dinner up there, and then jetted home. Scott had a fireside he needed to attend. But the leaves were MUCH more brilliant than I remember them.

We had three days straight of rain and I didn't mind one bit. It was refreshing and beautiful. Kate got her snow boots on and had some splashing to do.


Good Action Shot.
I had a pedicure, compliments of my mother-in-law (thank you tons!). I hadn't had one in forever and my feet feel fantastic!
Scott just got home for lunch and I think he wants me to make him a grilled tuna sandwich. I don't know why he thinks he can't make one himself. Somehow he thinks mine taste better. I guess I'll go serve the poor helpless creature and send him on his way. It's the least I can do right? I mean I live such a treasured life at home, doing as I please, while he goes out into the world and makes a living for us all to enjoy. It's a big thing he does. So big, that I will gladly make the sandwich. Here I go with a smile.

Correction: So, I went upstairs to help. I just started seasoning the tuna he had out and putting it on the bread and he said, "No, I'm gonna brown both sides first."
So, I guess I don't make them the best anymore. I've been demoted. Now what do I do? I can't even make grilled tuna. Well, thanks for being a good provider anyway honey. Since I can't show you my love, I just tell you...Love you tons!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

I loved the post. Every bit. From the water, to the circus ticket, to the grilled tuna sandwich. I love that we're related and I can pretend to be cool like you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love UT fall. The cactus here just don't seem to ever change colors! Looks like you're having happy times! I love that you took Kate to the circus, what fun!

The Circus said...

Julie, you make me smile!

heidi said...

Kate is so adorable and she probably loved having a special day with Mom and Dad! I seriously wished we had seasons here, how fun to prepare for the fall! Thanks for getting me in the mood.

Andrea McEntire said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures!

Michelle said...

Oh, nothing better than temple square in the fall, except maybe a grilled tuna, that's hilarious.

Paige said...

You're posts are always so cute & funny! I should hire you to write mine! I love the tuna story, I said the same thing to Russ as I was packing for him the other day. Weren't you able to do this BEFORE we were married? What the heck happened? Love it! And Kate is a doll. I love the splashing pic.

Jen said...

Looks like fun Julie. Fall is beautiful.