Friday, April 2, 2010

More Spring Fun

The day before the first official day of spring, Kate found a nest in the grass of the backyard. The nest must have fallen out of a tree with the wind. No, she didn't wash her hands after handling it.
One perfect spring day (the 24th of March), things turned from silly to sillier when tutus lead to "I do's".
Here Kate and Sam are talking about what it takes to be a flower girl - Kate will be an honorary flower girl this June for her Aunt Jill and she is so excited.
Sam was really playing along well.
Kate was teaching Sam her best moves.

We don't have any daffodils left even though we had over 30 blooms this spring. But we enjoyed everyone of them to the fullest.
Ballet dancing practice - as you can see they will both be Primas soon.
More flower girl practice.
Always striking a pose.
Here is Kate playing with some friends later on. They were bored and I had dishes to do so I let them destroy the nearly spoiled lemons with toothpicks. They loved it. Their creations reminded me so much of the book A Porcupine Named Fluffy by Helen Lester. So, we read that after the "craft". I love Weston's glare on his pants in this picture.
I gave them raisins to put on the toothpicks but somehow that just wasn't as fun for them. They were all bummed when we ran out of toothpicks.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love her full princess get up in the last pictures. And your daffodils look(ed) beautiful!

Mac and Dixie said...

How creative are you?! My nearly spoiled lemons would have gone into the disposal or garbage can. So much fun!

Jen said...

Glad to know Kate survived without washing her hands :) Looks like fun.