Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What I'm Up To

  • Exercising everyday {except Sunday, of course} with Insanity - a Beachbody workout program - I'm just starting week 6 of 10 and I love it!
  • Writing a children's book about Scott's Grandpa and trying to talk myself out of illustrating it because that seems overwhelming but I might still do it.
  • Learning in a mentoring program with 3 Key Elements. I'm my mentor's first mentee which means I get to go through the program FREE.
  • Feeling guilty that I ate four chocolate chip cookies today. {dag-nabbit!}
  •  Working on 3 different blurb projects {have you heard of blurb? it's this awesome book-making software. i love it! i use it for so many things. check it out!}
  • Dreaming bigger than ever and it's an awesome feeling.
  • Being Kate's mom
  • Trying to send out positive vibes that Scott and I WILL have *another child despite my mom and sisters' best efforts to thwart my vibes! {my family thinks I should just be happy with one and face the fact that God only intended that I have one child} {possibly they are right-but I'm still not convinced}
*How stinking fun would it be for Kate to have a sibling! Seriuosly! Everyone else seems to get one or two or three siblings, why not Kate?

*She took a bath with her same-aged cousin, Hailey, yesterday at my sister-in-law's house while Scott and I were on a date and Kate had so much fun and I realized she's NEVER bathed with another child before. I was always in the tub with my sis. I know it isn't a big deal and bathing together is totally under-rated {and possibly intensely inappropriate}but it's weird to think how different Kate's life is as an only child.


Beside the point, here are some cool books I've read recently: Remembering Wholeness by Carol Tuttle, The War of Art by Steven Pressfield, and The Secret by Rhonda Byrne {the secret was a second time through. That's a must have-must review sort of book}

3 comments:

birdie said...

busy busy lady. i believe in you julie! there is something to believing in something so much that it really happens. why not? why couldn't it happen? it very well could, thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful list of "up-to's"
I am sending positive vibes your way too...conceeding (how do you spell that????) never was for me either! Kate deserves a sibling but we deserve to have another beautiful child raised by you!
Mentoring program...so will you mentor me when you're done??
I LOVE BLURB! I actually blurb my blog each year so I have a hard copy of my year.
You impress me Julie...always!

Amy said...

Awesome. What are you being mentored about? And I can't wait to hear about your book. And I will send some vibes over to you too!