Scott took this picture of us before we left. He was supposed to be at the cabin with a youth group from church but due to an unexpected complication, the group canceled and Scott was able to stay home. This was such good news because Kate and I were planning to take the bus into the city because Scott would've had our only vehicle hauling people and the Ranger to the cabin.
We arrived early enough that we were able to check the vendor displays and choose a memento for Kate. She chose an Ariel figurine. No surprise.
As we were waiting for the show to begin, we took a few pictures, texted photos of us to Scott, and the family who paid for the tickets, and looked around at the crowd. I was surprised by the number of people going down the stairs with their 20 oz. cups of Beer. I chuckled at the stranger sitting next to me, another mom, and we chatted about the irony of Beer at an event like this and decided it was a consolation for the men who had come to be with their families. We chuckled over that a little. With tongue in cheek, she told me that she didn't drink but that perhaps this would be a good time to start...
These were the brooms that came out when Mickey dressed in the sorcerer's hat.
Kate loved when all the evil villains came out like Maleficent, Cruella, Captain Hook, the evil witch from Snow White, and Jafar.
Her favorite part of the show was when all the princesses came out, especially Ariel.
The show was spectacular! I was really enjoying it. At intermission, my new, stranger, friend and I remarked about the beer again. I really loved the show so much, I saw no purpose in beer and I think she agreed that it really was amazing so far.
Kate said adorable things and was at the edge of her seat the entire show. When the Princesses were all on the ice with their Princes, she noticed Jasmine and said (loudly to overcome the music) "Nook (look), Mom! Jasmine is dressed un-modestly (immodestly) just like in the movie!"
I covered her mouth a little and she looked at me, almost cross, and said, "They can't hear me."
She wasn't being rude, she was just excited about the similarity of Jasmine's real-life costume with the cartoon version. But it was moderately embarrassing as I wondered what the people around me thought.
Later she was asking about wigs and wondering if certain princesses were wearing wigs. I told her I didn't know and that it was possible their hair was real. But when the human Beast came out with Belle she said, "The Beast surely has a wig on because boys don't ever have long hair like that." I let her know that sometimes, boys do have long hair.
I loved Kate's anecdotes throughout the performance. I was proud of her that she didn't beg for more trinkets, cotton candy, snow cones, or popcorn. She just wanted some ice water at intermission. She asked if she could have another present at the end of the show but when I said, "No, babe, you already have your new Ariel." she dropped it.
We made it home and as Scott and I tucked Kate in bed, we told Scott all about the wonderful evening we'd had.
I was sincerely chicken to take Kate on this outing by myself. After some convincing, I thought how much I wanted to be there with Kate and I was able to overcame my fears. I'm so glad. I wouldn't have wanted to miss last night for anything!








5 comments:
Sounds so fun!! I don't get the beer thing either, especially when they all have to drive home and you see them getting multiple beers...
What a fun thing to do together! I'm surprised you didn't drag Scott along once you found out he was staying. Does the show get sold out? Kate's immodest question reminded me of Suzie the other day at Wal-Mart. She saw a girl in a tank top and while staring, she pointed at her and loudly exclaimed "Ah, Nakie". I was so embarrased:).
How fun! We were there today :) All my kids loved it. Whit was danacing for about 20 minutes-- REALLY dancing, I tried to get some pictures of her dancing but they dont do it justice.
And talking of immodest did you have the well endowed Jasmine??? Holy cow!! I told Kevin she was there for the Men that had to go. hahaha
That sounds so fun! Now that we just got back from Disneyland, I am SO excited to do all the fun princess stuff with Lauryn. A mom's dream come true....:)
I am glad you had so much fun! Disney makes everything magical.
Post a Comment