Kate: Do deserts have flowers?
Me: Yes.
Kate: What flowers do they have?
Me: Oh, let's see, Yucca plants grow in the dessert and they have flowers.
Kate: And that pokey plant?
Me: Oh, yeah, the cactus. You're right, it has flowers too. We live in a desert but we water our yards so we can grow things that don't usually grow in a desert.
Kate: Yeah because usually deserts don't have any people or food and water.
Me: Yeah, just a lot of sand.
Kate: Camel's live in the dessert and they store their water and food in their humps. When they are hungry, they just open their hump and eat.
5 comments:
*laughs* I love that girl!
What a simple, elegant solution! :)
Nice. I wish I could just open my hump and eat.
I often learn "new" things about the animal kingdom from my boys. The things we didn't know we didn't know:)....
Such a cutie!
Post a Comment