Friday, August 3, 2012

12-Year Anniversary

Scott and I are celebrating our 12-year anniversary today! I keep reminiscing about our wedding, too.

The day started with three dozen roses (red, white, and the most exquisite color of purple I'd ever seen) delivered to my house. The card read: "Just a glimpse of the rest of our lives together." No doubt a line from the floral shop lady but it melted my heart all the same. I still think it's funny that I was the first one at the temple with my parents, waiting for Scott to show up. The way I remember it, he was even a little late. Funny because I was the one notoriously late to things. After getting the appropriate papers signed, we were ushered into the Celestial room to steal a few moments alone. How starry-eyed we must have been. After a few minutes, a matron quietly beckoned us to come to the marriage sealing room and as we stood up and took that first step from the loveseat, Scott accidentally stepped on the hem of my wedding dress and snapped out the bustle-button with an accompanying loud ripping noise in the ultra-quiet room. You can imagine the gasp that escaped my mouth. {I appreciate why temple presidencies now recommend women wear simple temple dresses for marriage sealing ceremonies.} We didn't know as we waited in the Celestial room that our Temple Sealer had been waiting in the Celestial room of the wrong temple and was desperately rushing along the freeway to make it in time to preform our sealing. He made it. We didn't even notice a delay. Time had stood still for us as we soaked in the moments. And I still tease Scott that even though I was the one notoriously emotional, crying at the Hallmark greeting card commercials, he was the one shedding tears at the altar. I remember feeling at complete peace. I'm sure he was crying because he was actually paying close attention to the ceremony when I was probably too busy trying to look pretty. Ahh, how young we were.

I could go on and on about that day. Maybe I will later. I will for sure continue to reminisce with Scott. But right now, it is time to celebrate. Scott has the day off and we still building the memories. 

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Happy Anniversary!

Jamie said...

Happy anniversary! I still remember those beautiful roses sitting at the entrance to the line at your reception.