Thursday, March 14, 2013

I Am SO OCD

...or as my nephew calls it, CDO (because a true person with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder would want the acronym in alphabetical order).

My mom and niece were at my house unattended while I was visiting teaching and they pranked me!

Part one of the prank I noticed upon getting home. I went to use my restroom and found that they had hidden all the toilet paper and left only four sheets of magazine that they had torn up and draped over the empty toilet paper roll.

Luckily, they had forgotten to remove the kleenex box so I made it through that one easily.

Then I noticed my scriptures that I left in the bathroom earlier that morning. They were open. I found that they had found a scripture on adultery and highlighted it in red pencil as well as the inappropriate word for donkey (ten commandments kind of stuff). They had written with bold letters in red at the top of the page, "Come and be Saved!"

That pricked me a little more than the silly TP prank. My scriptures are holy to me and what they did to them seemed vulgar and irreverent.

Later on in the evening, Kate excitedly thanked me for reorganizing the bathroom drawers. {She is CDO in the making.} I went in the bathroom after she had gone to bed because I couldn't think what she could be referring to...

PANIC ATTACK!

They had put all the contents of my three drawers in different drawers. My neat and tidy set up was a mess. And being the way I am, I couldn't just put the bins back where they were. No. I had to clean them out, and wipe off the film that builds over the course of a week, and reorder everything.

So instead of having a nice, brisk walk on the treadmill to clear my mind before bed since I had missed my Zumba class trying to help Kate with her birthday poster, I am now posting a blog as well as cleaning my bathroom from top to bottom. ARGH!

I am really surprised at how mad this made me. Couldn't they have done something nice while they were here? Clean something? Write me a nice note? I can't tell you how many times my mom deep-cleaned my sister's house. Where's the love!

And I just bought Sam lunch today!

Ooh! I am so mad!

......AND NOW I SEE THAT THEY SHORT-SHEATED MY BED TOO!!!!

No comments: