What an exceptionally gorgeous couple of days! Easter was a wonderful day of reflection and rejoicing. I took this picture of Kate after church and after her nap. My family came to dinner at my house and it was fun, as the youngest, to play the hostess. Of course, it was nothing because everyone brought great food and helped with cleanup.
The swelling from my bruised nose has gone down. I still have a bruise. No biggee. Poor Kate woke up last night piping hot with a fever and a runny nose. We're hoping it's just a little bug and will soon pass. Watching Beauty & the Beast is keeping her spirits up for now.
Today, at Kate's behest, we went outside before we got ready for the day. With her dress-up pumps and frilly PJ's, she clip-clopped beside me for a neighborhood stroll. This turned out to be exactly what we needed. We wattered the tulips, chatted with neighbors, played with a puppy, listened to the quail, and saw some friends who invited us on a "real" walk. Spring is here and it's so refreshing after a long, cold winter. I think my face is even a little sun-kissed.
The swelling from my bruised nose has gone down. I still have a bruise. No biggee. Poor Kate woke up last night piping hot with a fever and a runny nose. We're hoping it's just a little bug and will soon pass. Watching Beauty & the Beast is keeping her spirits up for now.
Today, at Kate's behest, we went outside before we got ready for the day. With her dress-up pumps and frilly PJ's, she clip-clopped beside me for a neighborhood stroll. This turned out to be exactly what we needed. We wattered the tulips, chatted with neighbors, played with a puppy, listened to the quail, and saw some friends who invited us on a "real" walk. Spring is here and it's so refreshing after a long, cold winter. I think my face is even a little sun-kissed.
3 comments:
I love this time of year! I'm so ready for the sun.
Ouch, The whole nose incident sounds awful. Hope Kate gets better. I love Spring. It is so nice.
Julie, I want a copy of that picture! Kate is so cute!
Post a Comment