Monday, June 9, 2008

Reunion at the Park



This is the Second Annual Family reunion for Scott's Grandma, Grandpa, aunts, uncle, and cousins etc. on his mother's side.
We couldn't have asked for better weather for this outdoor fun. We had a great time and really enjoyed the park. The play area was just perfect for the little ones and we shared a great meal.


Here's Scott trying his swing at one of our many family reunion-esque games. We played wiffle baseball, wiffle golf, water-balloon volleyball, and a few gave the good old stick-pull a try. The highlight was the put-a-cracker-in-your-mouth-and-see-who-can-whistle-first game. The kids played all those games and also had a bean bag toss, a cake walk, cookie decorating, and a pinata.


Wouldn't it have been easier for them just to move the bench?
From left to right: Grandpa's friend, Grandpa, Becki, Todd, and Gary


Here's the cake walk-or more literally a circular run on place mats for all-a-dollar prizes. Who wants to walk on cakes anyway? Cakes are to eat.
The cookie decorating went well. Anna smartly handed each child a big-t-shirt to protect their clothes.
We had the kids engaged in this so the adults could go run around like kids.
Zac and Hailey

Katie


Yummy

This one's for Lisa. Here she is looking lovely with her little ones, Hailey and Carly.

4 comments:

Cherish said...

That was a great day & a fun reunion. Everyone did their part & it turned out fabulous. Good pics. I took a few, but they didn't turn out so well.

Unknown said...

Cute pictures (except that last one! LOL).

We (Dan and I) call it The Houtz Family Mini Reunion! It was fun.

Cherish said...

Hey Julie, If you are interested. I bought the Host, and I'm all done reading it. Do you want to read it? If so, I can have Todd bring it to Scott. I liked it.

I'm just not much into Sci-fi stuff, but she makes it interesting. It had some parts that I thought were slow, but at the same time, I couldn't put it down, just like her other books.

Just let me know :).

heidi said...

Wow, such organization! Such fun activities! Looks like you had a blast.