I was about to publish a big long rip-my-heart-out post about all that is weighing me down. I had stewed about it for the day and it was half typed--and then I baked with Kate. We put on our aprons and used the recipe Scott's mom sent home with him that he has been craving for months. How delightful it was to play in the kitchen with my most treasured friend. Cleanup was even fun with bubbles all over Kate's face and water all over the floor. I say Scott's mom saved the day today.
I never dreamed that was all it would take to pull myself out of my slump. I'm sure I will fall into it again and then you might get the full story, but right now I have enough light to journey along the dark road.
7 comments:
Maybe I need to bake a cake! It's funny how simple things like that seem to make everything go better. I hope the good feeling stays!
P.S. I love your kitchen!
I hope everything is ok. I have days like that too. Isn't it amazing how something so simple can take your mind off of everything, and make everything just make a little more sense?
Oh, and since you've helped me soooo many times. I would be more than happy to be a shoulder to lean on when you need someone to talk too. Love Ya!
Which recipe was it?? Now I want some cake darnit.
Julie you need to write! Everything you do is so poetic. Cake and Kate can cure anyone and anything. The two of you look so cute in the kitchen baking. Can I borrow Kate when I am having a bad day? :)
Those days are the worst. So sorry, friend. But, you look pretty darn cute if that makes you feel better! And Kate does too.
What recipe, btw? Should I be trying it out? :)
Isn't it wonderful that you discovered an important truth. We only find ourslef when we lose ourself for someone else. Now look how many people you were able to teach that turth to.
Thank you for sharing.
Ok...you are steller!!! You house looks amazing and so orderly! That's awesome. Mine looks like that only when I have guests and that's the power clean time! So, it must be in the recipe too, can you send that to me??? *smiles* Laughing/Smiling really does make moods better but why is that easy thing so very hard to do sometimes...I fight against happy! How silly...anyway, glad that little ball of joy could lighten your heart!
Post a Comment