I thought Kate didn't know the ABC song yet. Grandma B was telling how her niece helps her children learn the ABC's by singing the song while washing hands. So, we tried this today and to my surprise she sang along.
Well, I called my mom and dad so Kate could sing them her newly acquired ABC song. However, she got bored of the process before I could call Scott's parents. Lucky thing that I recorded it! So here you go, Grandma & Grandpa B. Enjoy.
P.S. This is 9:00 am, she just finished eating her pancakes (with syrup this time). She wanted to watch Emperor's New Groove (which she's never seen before) so I made a deal that she could watch it with popcorn if she sang the ABC's for Grandma & Grandpa.
P.S.S. Notice the one letter that she skips. :)
And yesterday, she came to me with money (coins) in her little purse and said, "I have good news, and I have bad news." I was cracking up so hard that I couldn't even find out what she was going to say until a little later. The good news was something silly about the money. I couldn't tell what she was saying about the bad news.
Then, while I was pretending to be her pet doggy, following her around, panting, and barking, she turned around to look at me and said (in her best imitation of Woody from Toy Story 2), "Reach for the Stars!"
I already relayed this next thing to the Grandparents but I loved it so much I thought I should write it down for me so I don't forget:
Kate has decided she no longer needs a nap. I beg to differ but I thought I would let her have her way for a while and see how it goes. Yesterday, she struggled but kept bouncing back and trying so hard to be pleasant. By 5:30 pm she was done trying and got whiny and couldn't keep it together. I told her if she kept crying and whining then she'd have to go straight to bed. She pulled herself together for one minute more only to lose it again. I picked her up and while carrying her to her room I told her that it was time to go to bed. She was SOOOOO upset and in her most passionate 2 1/2 year old way she cried, "How can you do this to me?" With Scott within earshot, we both laughed harder than ever--So hard that we couldn't put her to bed. We got her laughing, too. She was able to make it until 7:00 pm and even then she exclaimed pitifully, "It's not fair!" But she was adorable and went sweetly to bed after our bedtime ritual. Scott and I had so much fun with her--even in her tantrums she is adorable to us--she keeps us laughing.
4 comments:
Very cute. I'm a little worried for how she will be as a teen if she is already starting. Good luck with that. It's a good thing she is so darn cute.
Your child is way to smart! What are you going to do? Thanks for taping the ABC singing so I could hear it too.
I definitely need to get a video camera for when we have this little one. That will be so fun for kate to see later on, and way fun for all of us to see!!
So cute. I love that she skips the K. How funny. She's such a doll. Love all the curly hair too.
Post a Comment