
Okay, if you know me well, you know that I LOVE books and children's books are my favorite! Even before Kate was born I was collecting Christmas books in anticipation of my future family. I have a small collection of Christmas books and I pull them out of their hiding place December 1st and start reading one everyday to Kate at bedtime. Today, while I was reading A Christmas Dress for Ellen, by Thomas S. Monson, I couldn't hold back the tears. But I was surprisingly embarrassed to be crying while trying to read to Kate. I just knew she would say, "Mommy why are you crying?" Luckily, she was zonked and didn't have the slightest idea the her mom is a bawl-baby. But then, I was embarrassed that I was still reading the story, aloud, while crying, even though Kate was asleep. But, I finished the story just the same. And it is a lovely story. If you don't have it, I recommend it. If you have any favorite Christmas-picture books, I'd love some more suggestions so I can add to my collection. Scott usually buys me a new one to open Christmas day.
7 comments:
Cute tradition!
I love I am Special and The Three Trees. Do you already have those ones?
I would like to know which other books you have in your Christmas collection. Do share!
Nothing beats a great Christmas story. That is one of my favorites.
I like The Christmas Jar and I just finished A Homemade Christmas and enjoyed that...but my 'library' of Christmas books are very limited...
I haven't read that one - but I'll have to! I dont' have any great suggestions - I too like the three trees. What a fun tradition!
I love that story! I also can't help shedding a few tears every time I read it! Another favorite of mine is "The Legend of the Candy cane"
It sound so good! Now I want to read it. I love Christmas books too. Do you have The Night Before Christmas?? (Probably but I love it!)
Julie, if you ever want to preview a few Christmas books come on over, I have a ton. I think it is sweet that you were still reading the story. As for the crying, that's why we called you BOFAY!
Post a Comment