Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ma-widge. Ma-widge is Vwhat Bwings us Toge-vah, Too-day

Kate B. & Kate J.
Kate B. had a playdate with two children on our block today. Kate J. is 4 1/2 and her brother, Weston is 3. Before they arrived, Kate told me in her most angry voice, "I like Kate but I don't like Weston! So, I'm NOT gonna play with HIM!"
The girls get all dressed up and Kate goes into the kitchen were Weston is eating a snack.

Kate: Hey, Weston, can I please marry you? (coy, eyelashes batting, head tilted in angelic fashion)
Weston: NO! (gruff, immediate, final)

Later, Kate B. and Kate J. were yelling back and forth.
KJ: "I'm getting married!"
KB: "NO! I'M getting married!"
KJ: "NO! I am getting married!!"
..........you get the idea

And Weston blurted out, "Both get married!"


This is the back of dear Weston, part of Kate B. in the background, and Kate J.

This was my attempt at a picture. When I told all three to stand close together, Kate shoved Weston out of the way (obviously she's holding in some hostility because he didn't say "yes" to her marriage proposal). As she shoved him, Weston and Kate J's mother came walking up and saw it all in the picture window. Yes, my child is a bully-to boys-who are older than her. Yes, she is just like I was as a child. Yes, I'm very worried.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I used to enjoy pushing a little boy out of the swing everyday when I was three. Don't worry, it's just what Mayfield girls do.
Too funny!

Amy said...

Oh playdates. Love the drama that is already unfolding in your life. ;)

And I am behind on your last post. I had a lot of the same feelings when I couldn't have kids. I wish I would have just enjoyed the Trent and Me time. But that is easier said now of course. Things work out (I always hated when people would tell me that), but they really do. I don't know what else to say, but enjoy the moments you have right now! Kate is a cutie!

Paige said...

What a fun wedding. Oh the things you miss when you have boys! :) But I'm sure you don't have dents in your fridge from trucks slamming into it. So maybe you're missing out too! She's adorable.