Friday, March 13, 2009

Birthday's Are for Eating Cake

I can't believe Kate's 3rd Birthday is this Sunday!

Kate was born early in the morning, the day before her official due date with her two grandmas, her Aunt Jeni, and her oldest cousin Samantha waiting just outside the door. She was born natural in every way. I had such a hard time during that last stage of labor and I couldn't understand why. I thought I was just a horrible "pusher" but when the nurse weighed Kate and hollered out that Kate was a whopping 9lbs. 3oz. I didn't feel so pathetic. We were immediately in love with her. I had no idea being parents would be this neat. And really, neat is an understatement. But here we are, three years into parenting and we already know who rules the roost.

Happy Birthday Kate! When I figure out what's wrong with my scanner, I'll throw in some pictures from her early days. For now, I have a video from my birthday party that cracks me up of Kate eating cake!

5 comments:

Cherish said...

Happy Birthday Kate!! Did you get a new Entertainment center & TV? It looks Nice!!!

melissa said...

Don't you ever feed that girl :) She's eating like she hasn't eaten for days. Very cute.

Amy said...

Love it! She really is scarfing it down!

Jen said...

I don't think have have ever seen a child enjoy cake quite the way Kate does. She is definitely good for a laugh!

Anonymous said...

I totally want some of that cake now! It must have been delicious! Happy Birthday...3, how did it get here so fast!