Wednesday, March 4, 2009

JC Penney Reunion

I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't get together with girlfriends...ever! I hang out with my sisters and sisters-in-law but I never go to dinner with a group of friends. So, getting together with Beth, Amy, and Melissa was a treat for me. We met while working at JC Penney in the Accounts Payable department back in 1999. I'm surprised by how fond the memories are of my employment there now that the years stand between me and reality. But really, it was a great job to have while in college and these three girls I worked with were reason enough to go through it all over again. Tonight, we went to the Mandarin and then to the Firehouse Grill for dessert. I think we all learned one VERY important lesson tonight... Next time we order the Fhzookie (hot, soft chocolate chunk cookie with vanilla ice cream, carmel, and chocolate sauce), we're each going to order the larger, regular size, not a small! :) So fun! Thanks, Melissa, for taking the tab on the dessert! You are way too nice. And thanks everyone for getting together.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I had a great time last night! The food, the company, the conversation! Everything! And that dessert is to die for!

Michelle said...

Oh yes, aren't you glad you got to work with Melissa, and the unlimited supply of candy in her drawer. Ha ha ;)

melissa said...

I'm glad you could make it last night. Sorry about the time confusion. Can't wait to get together again. Talk to you soon.

Michelle Mayfield said...

Fun! I can't wait to try the Fhzookie. I've never heard of it. Cute picture!

Andrea McEntire said...

Yea for girls night out!

Paige said...

I LOVE girls nights & especially when they involve Mandrin & Firehouse cookies! Yummy... looks so fun!