Friday, May 8, 2009

Farewell Shark Bait & Ooh-Ha-Ha

Yesterday, it was time to say goodbye to our adopted fish: little Shark Bait and Ooh-Ha-Ha. We've had them in our custody for what seems like a year but they've grown too big for our little aquarium. We took them on due to a Domestic Pet Neglect case. The Department of Fish and Pet Services contacted me and removed the fish from their home.

Maybe that's not exactly how it happened. All I remember is that my mom complained to my sister, Jill, that Slimy & Squirmy weren't being fed and their tank was always filthy so Jill talked to the little fishies' kid-parent, my nephew James, and agreed to find them a more suitable home. I hope James won't be sad to see his fish released to the home Kate and I chose for them.



This pond already has two Koi and one Goldfish. During the winter months, the pond freezes over and the fish live underneath eating the underwater flora.
"Make friends little guys."



"We won't be far away and we'll come visit you soon."



"Oh look, they are introducing each other."


Kate taking a few milliseconds to say "Good Bye."

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love the third pic with both of you squatting down. Cute!

And your hair is so cute! I know I can only see it from the back, but I love the cut and your hair is always perfect!

Anonymous said...

More proof that we really don't need pets...hehehe!!! The environmentalist LOVE you!!! That's a beautiful pond...what a fun moment to have with each other.

Jamie said...

Cute! I bet Kate loved that!