Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Debut Art Exhibit

Last night's art exhibit was really fun! I feel like such a dork that I forgot my camera. My favorite picture would have been the sidewalk sign with vinyl lettering that said, "Come see local artist Julie Bangerter painting live tonight from 6-9." How vain is it that I love to see my name in print like that. Well, it was a thrill. I never hope to be famous but it's fun to get a glimpse of it.

It was cool to see people come and to get a chance to talk about what I do and receive some feedback. A wonderful opportunity. Very fun! For those who wanted to go but couldn't make it last night, Repartee will keep some of my art on display through the 4th of July weekend so if you're already at Costco or having dinner at Texas Roadhouse or anything out that way, stop by and check things out.

And a little plug: Repartee Gallery is my favorite framer. I love everything about that place and it's not more expensive like you might assume when you go into the place. It feels high-end but it's priced right. Plus they have a better selection of frames, they get the framing job done fast, and they are much more artistic with the way they frame, too. So, if you have anything you need framed give them a shot.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Very cool opportunity! I'm sure you did great!

Cherish said...

How Neat! I'm sad that we missed it. We had all ready bought some rodeo tickets that we went to that night.

Amy said...

So cool Julie! I am sad I missed it. It must have been fun to feel famous for a bit! And who knows, maybe you will be soon!

Anonymous said...

That is like the coolest thing ever!!!! That has to be the best feeling in the world. Jeni was telling me about it at Snowbird...I am so thrilled it went well! You really are incredible!!!!

Andrea McEntire said...

That's cool that you took advantage of this opportunity! Congratulations.