Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rivals: Christmas and July

Ate a big breakfast at Dee's-California Omlet, mmmm.
Went to Thanksgiving Point.
Set out chairs for the C-ville parade the night before.
Ate BBQ with the fam'.
Walked to the park.
Had front row seats to the fireworks-didn't mind the ashes.
Got lots of candy-some from the floats, some from Aunt Jeni who brings her own candy to throw from the crowd.
Drove to the cabin.
Read some of a good book about World War II and part of The Gettysburg Address.
Cried reading about Kitty DeRuyter and how she got her special dress for the dance.
Hung out, looked for animals.
Went to church in a SMALL town ward.
Ate delicious food.
Thought 4th of July has got to be the greatest holiday ever!

Setting out chairs the night before the parade has to be my most favorite event ever. I loved seeing people camping out, just chilling in their chairs as if something was supposed to happen soon. People had the street lined with chairs much earlier than the city allowed so when we got there, we took the second row in front of city hall and I waited for Scott to bring the car over with all the chairs and things. While I waited, I got talking to someone else who was chilling in her staked out spot and found out that I knew her family and what a small world... I love small towns. I love the energy of Independence Day and what it stands for. It's something that we can all agree on.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm with you. I love the July holidays!!!

Michelle said...

Absolutely right.

birdie said...

i love july too! the bbq's and weather in ut can't be beat. the parade is fun too :) are you talking about the w bountiful parade?