Friday, July 10, 2009

The Ball & The Dance

The Ball: Kate with her neighbor-friend, Kate



These kids played so cute. I love when they get all dressed up for "the ball".

--------

The Dance:

The other day, Kate and I were at the store to buy some sesame seeds. We grabbed the seeds and we were at the self checkout when Kate told me she needed to go potty. I was about to put the money in the slot when she told me again with a little more insistence. I was starting to put the change in when she said, "Maah-meee, I'm doing the potty dance!" And boy was she ever dancing like she had ants in her pants. She was all over the place. I was laughing so hard. I grabbed my receipt. I was gathering my things when I turned around and saw that she had found the carts that have cars in front, which distracted her from her intense need to go potty. As she climbed into the car. I told her, "Okay, we need to go so you can go potty, quick." Then with a look of horror, she looked up at me. She had leaked a little bit in the car. As she got out, she leaked a little more. I repeated, "Quick, we gotta go, Katie. Hurry!" And then more and then... "uh-oh."

Kate wanted to go back in the car even though both her dress and the floor were all wet with her pee-pee. When I told her again that we needed to go and I tried to pick her up, she went boneless and told me that she didn't need to "go" anymore. In her mind, the urgency was over.

I managed to tell a bagger that my daughter had an accident and he just stared at me. I looked at him to do something and reiterated, pointing to the mess and he just stared at me and looked around for someone else. I turned to scoop squealing, kicking Katie from the floor and he was gone. She cried and kicked all the way out. I told Kate how sorry I was for not getting her to the potty in time. And that she could ride in the pretend car another time but that we needed to get cleaned up first.

I hope they got the spill all cleaned up. I'm sorry that my negligence contributed to the unsanitary nature of grocery carts.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh poor girl. Love the pee dance. And I am sure the store cleaned it up perfectly....um, what store was it? ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...that's hilarious. I am sure you weren't laughing at all but the fact that she wanted to get back in car wet and all is great! (The pee probably cleaned the car off a little more in the end...ugh! *smiles*)

The Circus said...

you're the reason they have clorox wipes at the doors ha ha ha! :) You know you're not the only one who's been there done that, right?

Michelle said...

oh, that is so sad. hopefully they just got rid of the cart, but I throw everything away.

Kristi said...

That is funny! Which store were you in? I'll make sure to avoid the car carts!:)

Jen said...

Julie that is too funny, girls and their potty problems...