Monday, August 24, 2009

The Bean Museum

We had a fun trip to the Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum on the BYU campus last week. I was watching James for the day while Jill got her classroom ready and attended a teacher's conference. I thought I would make Sami come along to keep me company since she was home alone and all.
I should preface: I don't drive. I've NEVER driven to Provo. I had a few panic attacks but we made it and in one piece. I even managed to find my way back home, too! All Thanks to Mapquest. I don't know how people found their way before the internet.
I enjoyed telling the kids about the stuffed Liger they were about to see. I think they were dissappointed that the Liger looked so much like a Lion and not too wierd. When he imagined the Lion and Tiger mix, James envisioned something much more extravagant. But a Liger we saw, nonetheless.
Sami, James, & Kate with the LIGER, Shasta!
Katie with the "Swan Princess"

A butterfly composed of butterflies! That's cool.


BINGO!
I printed up the bingo cards from the Bean Museum's website. On the way to the BYU campus, the kids decorated their bingo cards. We searched the museum's three floors for the exact species mentioned on the bingo card and then we checked them off. Sam was the first to achieve bingo. Kate was the first to blackout-almost, we never found the bald eagle. Since Sam was the first to check off a row, she was able to decide where we went for our dessert.
The highlight of our Provo day trip was seeing Kate's face light up as we entered the Disney store at the University mall. I wish I had a photo of her eyes and the way she put her hands over her mouth and held her breath in awe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! What a great adventure! I love the BINGO! What the dessert See's Candy? Disney blesses the lives of so many princesses out there!

Amy said...

Looks like a cool place and those Bingo cars are such a good idea! Love Kates dress too. I just bought those for the girls!