Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Daylilies
This month, I learned that a Daylily bloom only lasts one single day. Now I kick myself because the name of the flower explains everything but I just thought it meant that they close up in the evening and open up again the next day-NOPE.
Since they only last one day, we've taken notice and enjoyed each new bloom. Between our three Daylily plants we always have one in bloom but today, we were given two! What a treat.
Everyday we come out to see which bud bloomed today. Remarkably, Kate hasn't picked any of them yet. That could be due to the free range I've given her with our one rosebush. I've given that one over to the children of the neighborhood including Kate. If they want to pick they can pick to their heart's content. And they do. Luckily that rosebush blooms profusely so they always have plenty to pick. They love to pick the blossoms and throw the petals all around the yard pretending it's snow. Often Kate makes up a bouquet and pretends she's a bride humming the wedding march--magical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I wanna be a Daylilly...a fresh new life each day...Kate is so stinkin' cute! I wish we could see more of her. I wish her and Dax could have play dates and DAx could give Kate a bouquet of Daylillys...hehehe, wouldn't that be cute!!!
I need to be better at celebrating each new day...
Love this post and I always love that you find a special meaning behind everything.
I didn't know that - but I love daylillies!! I can't wait to have flowers in my yard again! Your look so beautiful. Hope you're having a fun summer!
I'm sending my circus down for roses!
BEAUTIFUL flowers and baby girl! Kate is getting so big.
Post a Comment