
Kate tried on a few of my old clothes that my mom had saved for me.
I remember LOVING this skirt with the little kitten on it! I think I wore it in first grade.
I wore this shirt with a jumper on the first day of Kindergarten (the pants are Katie's)
Here I am with the jumper and that shirt. Oh, and I curled my bangs myself!
A favorite puzzle sweater (Kate is such a sport to try these on for me - any normal kid would be too good for these old 80's rags)
Here's the puzzle sweater. I'm wearing my new eye glasses and holding a new Cabbage Patch doll. My mom was afraid that I would feel different because I had to wear eyeglasses due to a failed eye exam before first grade so she bought me a Cabbage Patch doll that had purple glasses just like me. The sad thing is, I lied during the eye exam in order to get glasses because I wanted the attention-I've already apologized repeatedly to my parents.
I don't have any pictures of me in this cutie but it was supposed to be worn as a dress but this girl of mine is much too tall already. I think I wore this when I was 6!
This was my FAVE nightgown! It says "Kiss the Koosa!" Kate loves it too and plans to wear it tonight to bed.
I owned several suspender dresses. This one was a favorite. I wore it when I was about 7-it fits Kate perfectly!
Here I am in the dress with Chris, Jill, and Jeni my siblings.
Seriously, I wore this when I was 8! This was my baptism dress!
Me, in that dress, Christmas 1987 or so, just before my baptism in March of 1988.
Finally, something that is too big for her. I wore this when I was 10. Kate said the ruffle part was "wierd". Yes, it's very 80's.
Dad and me in West Virginia in that dress and a goofy face in 1990.
What a super-fun walk down memory lane with Kate. She was so sweet to do this with me and to act interested and play along. I see a lot of my goofiness in Kate. She is exquisite and adorable to me.











6 comments:
That is awesome! You were such a cute little girl. My fav is the one of you with your family in your baptism dress. You are adorable. And Kate reminds me of the little girl, Bonnie, on Toy Story 3. She's so cute. I think of her every time we watch it.
How FUN! I love the back to back pictures of you and Kate. You both are adorable!!
love this! what a great mom you have to save those clothes. that's a terrific idea and one I'll have to keep in mind.
I'm so so sad about tonight's snowy weather, but perhaps we can just move it forward to January.
Hope all is well!
Ha ha ha lol you are so funny! kate is very cute! I love that you lied to get glasses and attention!
Awesome. Love the blast from the past. But I actually think the first two work for her and she could really where them!
These were AWESOME! I love that your mom saved these clothes. You look so darn cute and Kate is adorable!!
Post a Comment