Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pulling out the Past

Today and yesterday, I've been going through my journal from when Kate was almost 3-years-old (yes, I still write in a paper journal). I've been putting my journal entries where I talk all about Kate into her scrapbook (yes, even with how much I LOVE Blurb, I still do a scrapbook). This has put me in a giggle-fest, with me enjoying the cuteness that was and is Kate! I forgot a lot of things that happened and it has been so fun reliving it all.

With the books I've already made, Kate will sit with me and have me read each little thing and tell the stories from the pictures. She'll smile and beg for more. I know that these books will be a treasure for her as the books my mom made for me have been a treasure to me.
I already have a plan to put photos and journal entries for Kate in a blurb book going forward but I have all these printed photos from my pre-digital days and my pre-blurb-making days that I might as well use up. When I'm caught up in Kate's scrapbook to 2010, the rest will be blurb or some kind of bookmaking software.

Side note: As I finished up in the journal from the end of 2007 today, I glanced at the first page of the journal before putting it back in my box o' journals. On the first page, I had written about the Trolley Square shooting, February 12, 2007, where a young Bosnian Refugee shot and killed five and injured four more until an off-duty, Ogden Police officer shot him dead, ending the killing spree. I remembered most of that but I had COMPLETELY forgotten until I re-read my journal that my mom was headed to the Trolley Square mall that evening and would have been there at the same time, except I begged her to come pay attention to me because of the rough day I had had. What a blessing, eh? Sometimes bad days are a blessing!

1 comment:

kristen'n'thecrew said...

Wow, so many of your lives could have been so changed if it wasn't for your bad day! That kind of thing just reinforces my belief that everything happens for a reason (had a couple of those instances in my life, too)! :)