Kate has been cracking me up and warming my heart with all her cute, audible thoughts.
On Monday, when Kate dressed so we could go to the bank and return our library books she put on a purple and black dress with black leggings and then orange and white striped socks. The color combination and style both contributed to a Halloween-looking theme. I commented on her sock choice.
"Katie, those socks don't really match."
"Actually, you don't have to match," was Kate's fashionista response.
"Oh," I responded, "Who taught you that?" (expecting her to mention her cousin, Sami, or some other friend of hers)
"A movie, I presume."
On Tuesday, she stayed home from preschool with a runny nose so I let her watch Dinosaur Train and Sesame Street. Later that evening, as we were preparing dinner, she put her finger on her chin and said...
"I have a hypothesis!"
"Oh, Really," I said, "And what is your hypothesis?"
"Dinosaurs come in different species."
"They do?" I question, wondering if she really understands what she is saying.
"Yes. There's the Pterodactyl and Tyrannosaurus Rex."
On Wednesday, I was making lunch for her and she was coloring away and she told me, "Did you know that you married a handsome Dad?"
I responded, "Yes, I did know that. Daddy is handsome, isn't he?"
"Yes," Kate agreed, "You should tell him that."
I agreed that I should tell him that he's so handsome.
Then Kate said, "By marrying a handsome Dad, you have a CUTE girl and Wa-la (Voila)!" (her hand gestures with her version of voila gave the impression that she realized that she is the end of a very good magic trick.)
Later on Wednesday, when her Daddy was home, Kate was telling him how wonderful I am - love that!
She said, "She's a lovely, pretty, twinkly-eyed mom!" Then she turned to me and said, "You should write that down!"
I love when Kate wants to show me something awesome and she says in her sing-song/near operatic voice, "Don-dan-a-la!"
I love when she hasn't had a purple vitamin in months because for months all she had were purple instead of the orange and red, so in consequence she had to have orange and red for months until finally a purple came out and she said, "Mmm, the purple tastes familiar."
And maybe these are all mundane little nothings but to me, this girl is pure sunshine. I'm glad I've had the opportunity to really listen to her and catch her darling little brain at work. I know all kids say amazing and adorable things but I just have my one little girl and I want to capture everything.
3 comments:
Darling!!! I love that sweet little girl!!!
Those are a SCREAM! You are a lucky, lucky Mom.
You should make a book of Kate-isms!
Post a Comment