Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Urine My Thoughts...

Kate peed in her pink, furry, snow boots today.

We ran down the hill after Preschool. We made it in the house and she was already doing the potty dance while I tried to free her from her backpack and puffy, purple, snow coat. I was about to pull off her boots when she ran lickety-split into the bathroom and made it to the toilet only to leak all down her legs and into her boots. With a puddle of pee on the floor, I peeled off her steaming clothes and poured the pee out of her boots. Poor girl. She did her best. She sure was bossing me around there for a minute. I was more upset about how she bossed me around, telling me to take off this and wipe off that, then I was with the whole urine mess.

I asked Scott when he was home for lunch how one goes about cleaning urine from the inside of a pair of snow boots. He told me to throw them away.

I managed to soak them in the laundry sink with some soapy, laundry detergent, rinse them off, and hang them to dry sole-side up on the drying rack. We'll see.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yuck.

Jen said...

I think I prefer Scott's method for cleaning. Ha, Ha.

Bret Wheadon said...

Little kids can be really bossy - I had a "special needs" child yesterday order me to open the door for her and her handler on her way out to the bus!