Monday, May 2, 2011

Uggh. Pain.

I've always thought of myself as easy going. Others might disagree. I believe in priorities. Ever since I became a stay-at-home-mom I've tried to protect my schedule so that I don't have a lot going on. I like the day to play itself out. I never liked the busy, on-the-go, type of lifestyle. I like to be home. However, almost two years ago I was called to act as an assistant to the Relief Society Presidency and that really put my life in a busier place. I became much more involved in what was going on in the neighborhood and the ward. Then this last December I was called as a Second Counselor in a new Relief Society Presidency and it has put me over the edge. I need to get checked by a doctor but my self-diagnosis is a stomach ulcer. Holy cow! My mom had an ulcer for many years and she would tell me about it and I would always tell her that she needed to slow down and take it easy. Now here I am. Wahoo! Good Golly it hurts!

5 comments:

Erin said...

I'm sorry you're stressing ;( Love love and lots more love to you dear.

Doug and Amanda Bailey said...

Well that just stinks....So very sorry :( Right before we got married I had a bleeding ulcer, um...NOT NICE. Get it taken care of now, you don't want it to get worse. Let me know how I can help.

Cherish said...

Oh NO, so so so sorry!!! I can't imagine that pain. Julie, You're amazing. I hope you give yourself lots of credit for all that you deal with and the beautiful person that you are. I hate to watch you go through these trials:-(. I don't think that it's fair at all. You are such an amazing mom. If I can be half the mom that you are, then I know Suzie will be in good hands. PS I'm sorry if I'm one of those people that have said un-intentionally hurtful comments.
I also LOVE your comments on seeing things through God's principles. Get Better!

Jen said...

Poor Julie, I guess you better take your own advice. Either that or re-frame your expectations.

heidi said...

Hey Julie, so I'm catching up on my google reader and read the "I apologize in advance for my offensive nature" post. I am so offended. Just kidding!!!! AHHH I loved it! I love how you are coming out and really expressing how you feel! I love it because everything you wrote it totally me. All I want to say is AMEN! I am so frustrated right now too! I am working nights as a CNA mind you (not the most glamorous job in the world might I add) trying to save money for at least a half a year to hopefully get prego. I know that its horrible that I am even complaining about that but its so sad that (well you know) to have to do SOOOO much back breaking work to HOPEFULLY get pregnant! It seems so far away and such a huge elephant to swallow it doesnt even seem like its even going to happen. Anyways girl, I am struggling with you and had a huge break down today. Gotta love it! Just need to center myself some how with the lack of sleep and try to be a good Mama for my sweet little boy that I do have. Can I just reset this day? AHHHHH! Love ya girl.~muwah.