Sunday, August 14, 2011

Jackson Hole, Wyoming

Time for a ROAD TRIP!

I love visiting Jackson. I love seeing the majesty of the Tetons. I love finding some beautiful place in the Tetons to hike (this year we hiked to hidden falls). I love going to the Bar J Chuckwagon dinner. I love floating the Snake River. I love staying in little cabins with a community bathroom. And I love doing all of it with my family.

Whenever I go to Jackson, I think of years ago when my niece, Samantha, was little and she thought we were going on vacation to "Michael Jackson's Hole." So this year, when I heard Chris call it J-Hole, which might have come from one of his little girls, I laughed anew.
 We stopped in Idaho Falls as we often do. Kate loves following the geese hoping to catch one. So far, no luck. I like that she has learned to go slowly and try to sneak up on them instead of scaring them off with a full charge.

 The first day, we were a small group - just us, my nephew James, and my parents.
...later when we arrived in Jackson, the rest of my family trickled in.
 P.S. This was our anniversary. You might have read about it already in a previous post... And in case you were wondering, our accommodations worked out nicely.
 We stopped at Bear World.
 Love this.
 We were able to pet a fawn! Truly the highlight for Kate and me.
 We were in awe of this Peacock.
 Kate chased it around for a bit and then "accidentally" stepped on one of its tail feathers. The feather came out and after asking the establishment, they told us she could take it as a souvenir.
 At the Jackson Hole Mercantile Shop, which all the little girls called the "dead animal" shop.
 Gotta love Scott in this hat! Woo woo!
 And Kate with the fur - how does she know that ladies wearing furs with fancy jewelry pose while holding their faces like that?
 Kate and me at the Bar J Chuckwagon dinner. P.S. Erin, do you like my shirt?
Idaho Falls on the way home.

We wouldn't have enjoyed this trip nearly as much without my parents and all my family. Fun times!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Fun vacation! And yes, the shirt looks fabulous on you!

Amy said...

Sounds lovely and I am glad your accomodations worked out. ;)

Robyn said...

How fun. I ditto Amy's comment :)

The Dahls said...

FUN! I'm glad your anniversary worked out. You guys are so cute!