Monday, August 6, 2012

Park City

 We celebrated our anniversary in Park City. We stayed at the Marriot Mountain Resort and it was a relaxing two days.  I am still dreaming about the southwest breakfast burrito I had for breakfast that morning. We had a wonderful time, great food, and we even enjoyed the Arts Festival, free of charge. We got there early, before they blocked off the streets to eat an early dinner. We were able to enjoy all the booths and some lively street music. I appreciate my sister-in-law for watching Kate! That little girl had the time of her life playing and swimming with one of her same-age cousins. 
Here we are going up the lift to ride the alpine slide. I am grateful I had the insight to ride separately down the slide. I had a feeling he wanted to go fast and redeem himself from his last run on the slide when he got stuck behind some slow-pokes. When we got to the top, Scott asked the operator which of the four slides was the fastest. I made it down first because he waited in a longer line.
 He made it. As he got up, he casually told me that he had fallen off of the cart and slid with his body down the slide a short distance. I got a look at his injuries and the first and second layers of skin were ripped clean off and were rolled up all dead and nasty. The wounds were white and raw. I insisted that we get some first aid action immediately. He resisted as he traditionally does. We handed our carts to the operator and I mentioned the wound and he recommended we head to the EMT station.
Kyle was our EMT. He mummied Scott up real nice. We were all laughing and having fun but the sad part is, we were planning to squeeze in some more swimming after riding the slide and the rollar coaster but those plans were now dashed to pieces. We still sun bathed by the pool while reading books, Scott under the shade of a pool umbrella and I in the sun. We really had an incredibly, wonderful time.

Scott's wounds on his shoulder, elbow, and in three places on his leg were considerable and he is suffering more than he admits. I bandage him up twice a day with giant band aids and ace bandages. Today he remarked how impressed he is that I keep such large band aids in stock and where I go about finding such things. I let him know that these are the types of things I keep on hand being married to him because 'Scotty doesn't do small owies.'

1 comment:

Bret Wheadon said...

I just talked with Scott and he told me about the experience... Hilarious that you keep big bandages around 'cause Scott doesn't "do" small owies! Sounds like you had a great time!