Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pie-Vit

As I was wrapping up my posts for the day, Kate curled up on my lap and fell asleep. Sami was in here with me and I was trying to explain, with great futility, what the new title is all about for the blog. I was telling her that it was like an open book, or an open-door policy or something like that (for those who really care it came from the so-titled poem by Robert Frost but I knew my 15-year-old niece would never pick up my poetry book and try and figure it out for herself). Since she still didn't get it, I explained that some people have private blogs-THEN, out of nowhere, Kate pops her head up, wide-a-wake, with her most mischievous grin and says, "Do you have a 'pie-vit'" (private). Sami and I burst out laughing. Then, Kate pulled my shirt out and exclaimed, "Look, there's your 'pie-vit!'"

4 comments:

Michelle Mayfield said...

Kids just say whatever! You never know what will come out next!

Amy said...

Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious that she looked at your 'brownies' to see the pie-vits!!! She knows what's going on .

Paige said...

Too funny! She is adorable!