Monday, November 23, 2009

The Big Red Shirt & a Few Other Updates

Scott and I had a little romantic getaway this weekend. Scott brought me flowers even. We went to Providence Inn, a quaint little B&B near Logan. My Mom & Dad watched Kate. I missed home and Kate so much. I could barely sleep. Scott laughed when I told him at 10:00 am that I was ready to go home. He decided we need to get away more. But what a great weekend it was! Kate had fun in her favorite shirt. Kate likes to pick out Scott's clothes for him when he is heading to the shower after work and she always picks this shirt and if he puts it on when she hasn't helped him pick out his clothes she is so surprised and chirps, "Daddy you're wearing my favorite shirt!"

Kate LOVES her Da-da. She races for the door after Scott's lunch break and begs three or four hugs and kisses. After four hugs, he'll close the door and head to his van and she will cry, real tears even, that she wanted "One more hug!" And I will race out the door with her so she can grab that one last hug from her Da-da. I love to see her little hands curled around Scott's. Even though she is getting bigger, Scott is still monster-huge to her. He's her very own giant.

I enjoyed hosting Jill and yet another new boyfriend. He came with his two adorable little boys (5 and 3). I have absolutely nothing negative to say about him. I can't imagine anyone better suited for Jill. Chris and Michelle haven't met him yet but everyone else in the family thinks he is pretty perfect for Jill. And she is all but taken by him. I'm not saying anything is for sure. They've dated three weeks so far and anything is possible at this point but the good news of it all is that we have learned it is possible to please Jill and have the majority of the family pleased with the match as well-a very important development.
I'm really enjoying my Jane Austen Book Club. So far we've read and discussed Northanger Abbey and Pride and Prejudice. Right now we are reading Mansfield Park. If anyone is interested, we have an opening in the club. I kicked my sister out-a touch of mercy on my part, to be sure. Even though she didn't say it, she is grateful, I promise. With only four people in the club and six intended, we would enjoy a couple more. But if not, no bother, even if it's a club of one, I'm going to read these books regardless-they are some of my favorites.
I'm no good at facebook these days. I never know what to say. If anyone has any good methods of making facebook work for them, do pass them on. I'm at a loss.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love Jane Austin, wish I had time for reading these days. Congrats on the getaway, Jared and I went on our first getaway this past weekend too. It was heaven to say the least, I only wish there were more hours in the day so we could have done more together. I love all of your pictures.

Amy said...

Cute pics with the big red shirt. she is so sweet!