I didn't think I would even survive the day but somewhere around 3:00 pm I was magically transformed. POOF! From that moment on, the rest of the day combined to pull me out of my hole. What a gift. I can't say how much it helps to have people around me who know just what to say. The comments I received from my last post removed the sting and gave me courage to talk to several other moms since, without feeling the earlier shame.
It's all really silly now, when I think about how upsetting that was. I can remember a moment when Kate saw me crying and said, "Mommy, now we're both crying." I love having such a sweet girl who expresses herself so well. I think the magic poof was Kate asking me, "Are you sorry now, Mommy?" I was. I always ask her if she can forgive me when I mess up and I love that instead of saying , "Yeah, sure." She says, "Yes, Mommy, I forgive you. I love you, Mommy." With hugs that follow.
I can't think of a thing in the world as delicious as the words, "I forgive you" and "I love you." I would almost go through an emotionally horrible day like that again (I'm sure I will) just for the comfort of knowing that even in my darkest moments, my family will forgive me and love me again.
3 comments:
It takes the bad to know the good. Great post:) I'm glad you're feeling better!
I love a great happy ending!
Post a Comment