Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bienvenida a la Primavera!

For those who are like me and can't stand the winter blahs. This is for you! Today we saw that our Daffodils are in full bloom! All over my yard I see signs that winter is giving way to spring and my soul is in full rejoice mode!This is our first sign of all the beauty that is awaiting us in the coming months.

Attn: Winter
Re: Eviction Notice
As of: March 14th, 2010

I know I agreed for you to lease until March 21st but due to extenuating circumstances, I need to ask you to terminate your residence effective immediately. I have a new tenant ready to occupy the space. I apologize for any inconvenience. You are welcome to come again later this year once I kick out Summer, who is worse of a nuisance than you will ever be. I am always reluctant to dismiss Fall but the two of you can share the space for a little while anyway so it's not too much of a problem. Please forgive.
Sincerely, Julie
Goodbye Winter!

Dear Spring,
You are cordially invited to attend a celebration at my house. I have your space ready to occupy until June 20th but you are welcome to stay longer. I can always send a memo to Summer that you need an extra week or so. I'm sure she won't mind. I can't wait to see you again. It's been much too long. You'll find all the things you need are ready. I put the extra mulch on last year as you requested and I planted you some extra bulbs to nurture so it should be even more exciting than last year. Who knows, maybe you'll finally get that stubborn lilac to bloom this year for the first time. You are my favorite tenant and yes I did evict winter early just for you so there is plenty of room for your things - hurry over.
Yours Truly, Julie
Welcome Spring!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

:) I totally agree! My tulips and Daffodils are weeks away from blooming but I can at least see the greens and it gives me hope!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Spring in UT really is incredible. But I would like to have a UT winter before I get too excited about Spring in AZ! You're so creative, what a fun post!