Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Few California Moments

 When we went to California just barely for our short, 5-day excursion, the object was to visit some places my family visited a lot when we were young. Living in California with all our extended family mainly in Utah and Idaho, we had more free time to spend doing day trips all along the coast. So this month, my oldest sister's family and my parents joined us as we went to a few of our favorite beaches and most loved cities. This trip, we only had time for Pismo and Avila Beaches, Solvang, San Luis Obispo, and Montana de Oro. We also drove by two of our former homes in Santa Maria and attended church in our old ward.
 
Here's Kate adding her contribution to Bubble Gum Alley in San Luis Obispo during the huge farmer's market SLO hosts every Thursday night. 
 
And this photo is dark but it's me and my very good friend, Bethani, from my Junior High school days. I stopped over in Paso Robles to see her and her cute family and they came along with us to SLO. I loved being with her and feeling that connection to my past. This was her virgin contribution to the alley and I was happy to be apart of this momentous occasion for her. I've left many wads of gum on these walls!
 Since Scott and I went alone to San Luis Obispo to hang with my friend, my family still wanted to revisit the alley so Scott, Kate and I went again with them another day. My Dad had to fly out for work, so he's missing from the picture and Scott is standing behind the camera for us.
 Between the three cars, the kids took turns riding with different people. On this day in Vegas Scott and I had Kate along with two of her cousins, James and Taylor. Kate LOVED having cousins around all the time. This picture is taken at a very cool McDonald's in Las Vegas. The whole place felt like a museum with statues of animals and safari motif throughout.
One of the many moments at the beach. With the weather on the cool side, the kids just played in their clothes and changed when they were done being wet.

I have more pictures but I just wanted to post these few that Scott had on his phone.