Tuesday, October 19, 2010

We're Back from California

So, I spent the day putting our life back together after a too-quick trip to my old stomping grounds of Pismo Beach, California. We stayed in luxury condo and could've spent forever there. The fog, the waves, the pier everything was as it should be and just as it was when I was young!  I lived in Santa Maria until I was 16 so the beach is a huge part of who I am.

Well, after driving forever to get home Sunday and Monday, we were all pretty tired today. My sister {she also went with us on the trip along with her hubby and daughter and four other nieces and nephew and my parents} called me this morning at 8:30 to tell me that she was so tired and out of it that she had gone all the way to Park City for a work meeting and then realized she had forgotten to put on her bra that morning! She snuck away from the meeting to buy a new one at Walmart and made it back with only a little embarrassment.

Then, I had my very own walking zombie moment when I was trying to get Kate ready for preschool {which she missed because we just couldn't get it together} and I sprayed a bijillion sprays of hairspray in her hair, thinking it was detangler. Oops! 

So, we are all harried but it was worth it. I loved going back to my favorite places that I visited so much as a child. I enjoyed reliving some choice memories anew with my daughter and husband and having some of my family there to bring on all the giggles and joy again. We had a killer, fun time. We are already planning our next trip to Pismo for 2011 but this time we will fly in an airplane!

I want to get some pictures up soon.

No comments: