Kate has never had a friend party until last Saturday! And I've never put up decorations for any of our parties. I've helped with other family parties but I've never done decorations at my house for Scott, me, or Kate.
Here is my support group helping me through my first party. Sam, Taylor, Jeni, and Cameron helped me decorate while Kate pranced around like a birthday girl should (the other little girl is one of Kate's friends who was the first to arrive).
Another first. I have NEVER ordered a cake. Kate had a specific cake in mind so her and I picked it out together at the bakery. She chose an Ariel themed cake made with chocolate-layer-sheet cake, ,chocolate filling and chocolate icing.
Here are most of the kids coloring while we wait for a few more guests.
T.J. McGowen, Taylor Mayfield, Kate Bangerter, Archer Cheney, Katie Bailey, Elle Quinones, Saylor Dahl, Elliot Anderson, and India Weimers
All our party animals. We tried to limit the guest list by only inviting the children in Kate's church class, and one friend from out of the neighborhood. Taylor is Kate's cousin who just happened to be at a sleepover in Idaho with Kate and Grandma and Grandpa M the night before. When my mom and dad dropped Kate off, Taylor offered to stay to help with the party so she was Kate's final, albeit impromptu, guest.
Ready for CAKE!
Queen for a day! This is the crown Kate received on her birthday from her Preschool teacher.
Make a wish!










5 comments:
I did my first friend party this year too. Looks like Kate's was awesome!
Until this year, I never differentiated the types of parties. When I heard someone say "friends" party I thought "isn't that just a party?" I've since learned that there is a large difference. As it turns out, friends are not family and family are not friends and each are not invited or welcome at the other's party.
So much fun!
Seriously what a fun party! No one would ever know it was your 'first time'!
Oh Miss Personality posing with her cupcake! So cute and Sam is so pretty! She looks so much like you! Such a cute party girl!
Post a Comment