Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kate, Golfing Phenom

 We went to Boondocks for some family fun over the weekend. Kate's tummy hurt from eating an entire chocolate malt concrete from Nielsen's Frozen Custard (thanks to her Daddy), so she wasn't up for the go-karts just yet. We paid for Kate to play in the Kids Cove for a while and then we played 16 out of 18 holes of mini-golf (Kate lost interest - well, I guess we all did).
 Kate was grace in motion (wink).
When Kate felt up to it, we rode the go-karts. Such fun! Then we played arcade games and had our pictures taken in the photo booth. Kate played one more time in the Kids Cove until she was dripping with sweat and when she came out to put her shoes on she asked when we were going to come back to "Boomdocks" again.
Here's a video of Kate. I tried to give her the mechanics of the sport on the first few holes but what can I say, I'm terrible at it myself so there wasn't much I could teach her that was of any use. After a few holes of helping her stand and showing her where to put her hands I just let her do her own thing and this is how she looked. We'll be signing some golf contracts here in a couple years, I'm sure of it. She has a certain style and flare that she adds to the sport, don't you think? She's at least persistent.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Watch out the scouts will be knocking down your doors. Ha, Ha. She is so funny. What a kid.

Robyn said...

Boondocks is so fun! We went a few years ago for Kevs work party :)