I made Thousand Island dressing yesterday! Scott has one particular Thousand that he loves called Marie's. I can only buy it at Target. After messing around with my bottled Poppy seed dressing adding equal parts vinegar and lemon juice to give it more of a zing and stretch it out a bunch, I got thinking about Scott's Thousand. I mean it's basically ketchup, mayo, and sweet pickle relish. So I mixed those ingredients together. But would Scott like it?
I put his Marie's dressing in a dish and my concoction in another dish for a side-by-side comparison. I had a bowl of lettuce for taste testing. I was excited. I do this kind of stuff to Scott all the time and usually wind up disappointed because he has such discriminating taste. He takes one look or lick of whatever experiment I put before him and shakes his head. BUT this time, HE LOVED IT! He had it on his salad and it passed the test! Amazing!
1 comment:
want.
the.
recipe!
:))))
Post a Comment