Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Update on the Glands

Follow-up post to: Swollen Glands and a CT Scan

I saw the ENT today as a follow-up to my CT scan two Fridays ago. He hasn't seen the scan but read the review from the radiologist, which said that I do have swollen glands and lymph nodes on the right side and they are more pronounced than the left. Amazing. {Yes that is sarcasm. This is information I already had just by looking at myself or feeling my neck.} The radiologist also suggested that no reason for the reaction could be seen from the scan. This is only partially good news for me. I am grateful that nothing horrible was found but I feel frustrated that I still don't have answers.

The ENT gave me a script for antibiotics and asked me to go to my GP to run some blood tests to screen me for any autoimmune disorders. He felt that if I do not have an infection, an autoimmune disorder could be a possible reason for all the swelling. He also asked me to request a copy of my scan and to bring it with me, as well as the test results for the bloodwork, on my second follow-up appointment scheduled for next month.

I am angry that the doctor recommended a CT scan with all the expense and worry that follows. And now I'm mad that he made me pay another $50 for something that he could have easily done with a phone call. I don't appreciate him at this point. He was little help with Scott's questions. He offered no hope and made it sound like this is just how I am, lumpy and swollen.

3 comments:

BretW said...

TOTALLY understand - exactly how my Liver biopsy was - a WHOLE LOT of money for no concrete results... sorry for the strain and stress you're going through - other than the swelling, are there any other symptoms? My glands swell up at the slightest provocation...

Robyn said...

Dang! Is it the glands around your thyroid? Have you talked to Al-Reyess? I wish I had answers for you so that is why I am throwing out ideas! ugh I feel bad for you. It is not fun to deal with all that crap! Keep us updated on what you do (or don't) find out.

The Circus said...

I have joints that hurt, but it's not arthritis. I feel the same way after going to doctors. They don't know what causes it and I'm done paying them money to not know. I just live with it. I hope you can find the answers and the help you need! Feel better!