Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Boys Are Stinky

I've already mentioned Kate's sniffer and how acute her sense of smell is. Well, today, after dinner, Scott and I had Kate all tucked in her bed and as Scott's custom, he was kneeling beside her bed, using his elbows to lean on the mattress. As he was talking to her before prayer she crinkled up her nose and got all in a tussy. She complained, "Eww, what's that smell? Daddy, what did you do?" And Scott knowingly chuckled and admitted that he just had one of those Doritos burps. Upon learning the root of her problem Kate fussed as she pushed him away, "Ahhhhhh! Go away Daddy! Ewwww. Boys are stinky! Go Away!"

Scott and I were laughing hysterically! We couldn't get over it!

We're in the market for a trampoline now instead of a swing set. We think Kate will enjoy it more because she is such a rough-and-tumble, big-bodied, gymnastic type. We'll go to the park if she ever needs to fulfill her swinging or sliding fix--we're already paying taxes for a few swing sets at nearby city parks, might as well take full advantage.

Oh, I had my first facial treatment this past week. Last week I went in for a consultation for my acne and the girl did extractions and set me up with a chemical peel yesterday. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll finally be able to get a handle on my acne. It's been over a decade of trying everything. For the run-down... The new line of products for this go-around: cleanser, tonic, and sunscreen cost $85. The chemical peel and two sessions of extractions cost $65.

After the lady spent an hour poking my face with needles and scrubbing it with ACID the girl at the front desk had the nerve to ask if I wanted to pay a tip! Even more surprising, I didn't leave one. HA! Go Me! I figure I'll be coming back for at least two more peels in the next month so if I like what a see, then she'll get a tip. I still can't believe I didn't tip her. If you want a good laugh, just come look at all my pitifulness My skin is so tight right now, and red, I can barely open my mouth to put a forkful of food in it! It's great! But don't think it'll help me loose weight. I'll probably eat more just to get through it. HA!

So that's what I'm up to these days. Oh, and Scott took a paycheck Monday! Wahoo! Of course it might be the only one this month. Who knows? I still can't believe we made it an entire month without a paycheck. Can you believe that? Honestly, last month was the greatest month we've ever had. We had so many blessings come that we can't even tell that we didn't get a paycheck. Things at work are still day-to-day but I know we'll be fine. We've seen amazing things happen. I think Scott is watching Crocodile Dundee. I think I'll try to beg him to run to DQ for a French Silk Blizzard. And then, I will be in heaven.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boys really are stinky! hehehe
My friend was just trying to talk me into a facial and chemical peel...doesn't sound too exciting now! Enjoy DQ...that would be a perfect end to the night!

Amy said...

I can't believe you went a month without a paycheck. Amazing. We are trying to get into the groove of things after our income was cut in half. It is a big adjustment!

Beth Monson said...

Yeah go you for not leaving a tip! What's with tipping these days? Everybody wants a tip for doing what they are GETTING PAID TO DO! That's why we pay for things, DUH! If people want tips, they should go stand on the corner and ask for people's money.

Cherish said...

So did you go to cameo college or where did you go? Was the facial at all enjoyable or did they just pick at you...OUCH! I'm starting to get worried about this work thing.:)

Jamie said...

That is hilarious! Where do our kids come up with this stuff?!