Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Little Mishap in the Tub

Well, it all started with the popcorn bowl that Kate dumped on her head leaving a greasy, kernally mess in her hair. So of course, she had to have a bath. After getting her started in the tub, I proceeded to sweep and mop the bathroom, kitchen, hall, and entryway and mistakenly thought, "Surely, if I can hear her jabbering away, there is no need to sit in the bathroom because she is clearly not drowning." Well, was I ever in for a surprise when I found the tub full of an entire magazine, ripped up.

Remember: She's not naughty-She's just being "creative"


After laughing a lot - mostly to myself but a tiny bit out loud. And telling Kate she was a silly munchkin. And asking her what on earth she was thinking. I scooped all the big pieces up and dumped them in the trash. And cleaned and removed Kate from the mess.
What I couldn't pick up to put in the trash, I hoped would go easily down the drain.
It didn't.
I hauled out the plunger and did some plunging action over the drain for a bit.
That helped.
I also used some Plumber-grade, drain-clogging crystals. I think the combination of the crystals and the plunging motions did the trick and the water started moving freely.
The tub had a tremendous black ring from the top to the bottom with swirly colorful stains on the bottom. I managed to remove it all with my Magic Eraser sponge (smart move buying that last week!).

Scott removed the rest of the magazines from inside the drain when he came home from work. He just laughed when he heard what Kate did.

I'd like to think that I've learned my lesson, but I don't think I have. Plus, this was such a fun "science experiment" for Kate so I'm glad I didn't deprive her of it by hovering over her.

6 comments:

The Circus said...

you have your own circus going on there :) it amazes me what they can come up with

Kristi said...

You handle things so well. I guess I've just left the kids alone in the tub for too long. They just play with their toys and when they are cold ask to get out!

Anonymous said...

Oh man...that's a mess! Unsupervised baths are always adventurous at our house too! Usually I end up with the carpet pooling (yes, they carpeted the bath room, really????) It's like your own lifetime selection of spit wads! Gross! hehehe
I wish that I could always remember they aren't naughty, just creative!!! *smiles*

Michelle said...

that is exactly why I never read in the tub :)

Amy said...

Such a mess! But I am sure she loved every minute of it!

Love her pink tree too!

Andrea McEntire said...

Wow. How funny and cute! Sounds like you took it like a champ.