Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tonight I Did Ballet

So, I took my first ballet class tonight since I was six-years-old and back then, of course, I didn't really do any of the moves. At six-years-old, I was that girl going left when everyone else went right. I hated ballet and begged my mom not to put me back in. But really, I just didn't like recitals and getting up in front of people. But tonight I was in an adult ballet class of three! I joined my oldest sister, Jeni, who is 9-years my senior, and her daughter, Sami, 13-years my junior. We had a riot of a good time. We were laughing, making fun of each other, and feeling tall, strong, and graceful. I can't believe I'm doing it. I'm 30 for goodness sake. But why should ballet be just for little girls anyway? They already have cute, sexy legs and a firm tush.

It's never too late to start something great!

3 comments:

Cherish said...

LOL!! Fun stuff. I was always that little girl too...dance is not for me!

Bangerter family said...

Julie that is so awesome that you are taking a ballet class. I am jealous! I would love to do that! So fun!

Amy said...

That is awesome. I love it!