Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Little Wonders & Grandpa Von

I love this song. I know it's old and from a Disney movie but the words come to me often and remind me of what is important. That first line, "Let it go" resonates with me. Life is about the little moments. All that matters is your family.

My Grandpa, Von Peterson, always said in response to questions about his positive outlook that he felt he owed it to the world to be pleasant. He always had a ready chuckle and a funny comment about life. He was financially very poor and had poor health for a great long time but he was happy and that's what everyone remembers about him. He's been gone for-I don't even know, five years, I think. But he is in my thoughts often. Good thoughts.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for this post! I needed it today! And i am going to try your suggestion about writing down 3 things! Such a good idea!

Michelle said...

I love this song too.