You see, I believe in the Law of Abundance. In my understanding of it, all things are available to us. The Earth, contrary to some political parties, has an over-sufficient supply of all things and that supply is available to us - especially if we understand the law and how to work with it.
17 For the aearth is full, and there is enough and to spare; yea, I prepared all things, and have given unto the children of men to be bagents unto themselves.2. 16 Verily I say, that inasmuch as ye do this, the afulness of the earth is yours, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and that which climbeth upon the trees and walketh upon the earth;
17 Yea, and the herb, and the agood things which come of the earth, whether for food or for braiment, or for houses, or for barns, or for orchards, or for gardens, or for vineyards;
19 Yea, for afood and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to bstrengthen the body and to enliven the soul.
20 And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to aexcess, neither by extortion.
Anyway, I've been holding on to Kate's baby things and all her clothes that she has outgrown because I thought I would need all of it for "the next one". I was telling my friend that one of the reasons I am so impatient to have more children is because of all the stuff I am saving for the next child. I want to use it or move on and get rid of it. Before I could even finish my thought she said, "Get rid of it then!" And she was right. I believe in the law of abundance but in this aspect, I haven't been following it. I have been holding on to these things and my actions have exhibited my feelings of scarcity. I've been through a journey with all this so it might not make any sense to anyone but me.
The point is, I pulled bins out of the downstairs storage room and gave them to several dear moms who I thought could really enjoy Kate's special things for their own children. This was incredibly healing for me. I felt rejuvenated as I let go of these things that were in essence weighing me down. Now I feel free. I am not finished giving, I have more bins to go through, but these things will soon have a new life in other people's homes. Don't worry mom (not that you have time to read all of this!), I will keep Kate's crib, a few favorite things, as well as some essentials for babysitting purposes.
But I feel at peace!
Yes, I feel that element of fear that this feeling of joy, peace, and contentment won't last forever but I feel confident this time that God loves me and that He has a purpose for me and a plan. I know that if I just hold on my way, I will, in time, understand. So bravo to my circle of people who have helped me this far through my journey. I am filled with gratitude for my friends and family who have, in their own way, expressed their love and support. I hope I will soon return the favors.
And hey, maybe you guys can tell me more of what you know about the law of abundance.
3 comments:
Wow. Thats a big step. I am glad you feel some peace and that you had the strength to do that. Kuddos to you for being the person that you are!
Hurrah for you and continuing steps 1-5! You write so well. Thank you for sharing your trials and healing processes.
Thank you for sharing. Then I'll share back with you when (sorry, i have to say when, I just have to beleive that it will be when) you need it back!
Post a Comment