Okay, I am saying OUT LOUD, in all my vulnerability, that I am presenting some of my art to the manager of Repartee Gallery tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect and I can't even imagine what she'll say--but I feel compelled to hear what a non-family-member, non-friend has to say about my art.
In months past, I never would've told anyone about something like this for fear that I would fail and have to come back and tell the world what a loser I am. The truth is, I'm not afraid anymore. I finally don't care what anyone thinks about my art. I love to do artistic things and I am positive I will keep on doing it whether everyone hates it or not. Even if the closest to fame I get are the walls of my closest family and friends. Even if no one ever pays money for my art, I'm sure I'll keep on doing it because it's just something I have to do. I wonder if other people similarly have things they simply must do, regardless of the outcome?
P.S. Letting out, in writing, the thing you are most vulnerable about is very empowering. I highly recommend it.
3 comments:
I want to see some! I think you need to post some pieces on your blog for the world to see.
I agree with you that I'm always hesitant to put something out there for the world to see because I KNOW somehow it will back fire on me!
Julie, You are very talented. So good luck with your meeting and let us all know the results. I also think that you shouldn't store your art in a closet, you should be proud and put them on the walls of your house for all to see.
I want to see some of it! You should post some on your blog, good for you and good luck! Don't feel bad if they say no though because sometimes you hear alot of no's before you get the wonderful YES!
Post a Comment